- Your body is a mirror of what’s happening inside you. You are what you eat. Today life continues to provide things that speed up everything.
- These things such as eating fast food and being lazy often, speed up the pace of life which upsets the balance between a healthy life and healthy eating.
- Due to these conditions, the toxins get overloaded in the body.
Kidney Detox: Why it is important.
- The toxins affect the body functions and structure of cells, tissues, and organs, which are further known to create health problems such as improper digestion and detoxification, autoimmune diseases, premature aging, allergic problems, chronic fatigue, mental problems, and many other ailments.
- Due to these problems detoxification is essential to be done. Detox is the process through which the kidney reverse the symptoms of the ailments.
- One of the body’s organs that are very helpful to do the body’s detoxification is the kidney.
What are the kidneys and why they are an important detoxification machine.
The kidneys are two bean-shaped organs, each about the size of a fist. They are located just below the rib cage, one on each side of your spine.
Healthy kidneys filter nearly half a cup of blood every minute, removing unnecessary wastes and excessive water to make urine.
The urine flows from the kidneys to the urinary bladder through two thin tubes of muscle called ureters, one on each side of your urinary bladder. Your bladder stores urine which is then removed from your body.
The Kidney is a very important organ of the body and besides detoxification, it’s is also helpful to do the following functions –
- Produce red blood cells
- Hormonal stimulation
- Regulate blood pressure
- Maintain strong and healthy bones
- Get rid of excess fluid and waste from the body
- Maintain a healthy balance of minerals, water, and salts such as sodium potassium and calcium, phosphorus, in your blood.
Signs That you need a kidney detox
When the kidneys are loaded with toxins, the following symptoms are noticed –
- Dry skin and hair loss
- Chronic Fatigue
- Fuzzy vision
- Incontinence; which is the lack of voluntary control over urination or defecation.
- More frequent urination
- High blood pressure
- Dark color urine
- Painful urination
- Decreased urine flow
- Back pain
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in hands or feet
- Ammonia breath
- Upset stomach, nausea, vomiting
Kidney toxins can be harmful with time if not cured. Read more about the complications.
HOW TO DETOX YOUR KIDNEY AND BLADDER NATURALLY
There are plenty of natural ways through which we can detox the kidneys at home –
1.With Liquid Therapy
- Drink Plenty Of Water – This is one of the simplest ways to detox your kidneys.
- Water is known to dilute the materials that can form stones and other toxins.
- You can have 2 to 3 glass water in the morning on an empty stomach, and about 3 liters a day.
- You can add other drinks to your routine that put an extra effect to enhance detox properties.
2. Start Your Day With Lemon Water
- A lemon with water is a great remedy to detox kidneys. it helps to filter blood, controls the level of calcium in the body from binding with other materials, that can lead to stones.
- You can take warm water with a lemon in the morning on an empty stomach.
3. Cranberry Juice
- Cranberry juice is very beneficial for the whole urinary system. Cranberries can help to manage the urinary tract’s infections by decreasing bacteria adhesion to the urethra and urinary bladder.
- This is also helpful in clearing extra oxalate and calcium present in the body to maintain mineral balance. Always use the organic and non-preservative variety of cranberry juice.
You can prepare it at your home also –
- Water- 1 liter
- Sugar- 2 Tsp
- Cranberries- 500 mg
• Wash the cranberries and boil them.
• Now cook cranberries till it burst at low flame.
• Strain their juice via cheesecloth.
• Now Add according to the taste.
This fruit contains 92% water by its weight. This means watermelon helps the body flush the kidneys.
It helps to remove very small stones from the kidney. Further, this fruit is enriched with potassium, which helps to dissolve kidney stones.
You can prepare this at home :
• Peeled lemon – 1
• Watermelon juice – 2 cups
Put them in a blender and blend them and consume regularly.
5. Carrot and Cucumber Juice
This combination is very helpful in flushing out excess uric acid and toxins from the kidneys. Also, they provide various minerals, vitamins, and fibers to the body.
How to prepare this at home:
• Large cucumber – 1
• Carrots – 2
• Wash both ingredients and put in a juicer or mixer.
• Make the juice and consume regularly.
6. Juice of Beets with Apple
Beets are known to contain phytochemicals.
This is enriched with antioxidant properties and known to increase the acidity of urine.It helps to clear struvite and calcium phosphate that builds up in the kidneys.
Apples also contain anti-inflammatory properties and pectin; a phytochemical that eliminates toxin and reduces bad cholesterol levels.
How to Prepare?
• Lemon – 1
• Beet Bulbs (skin removed) – 3
• Apples – 2
• Take the beets and apples and remove their skin.
• Cut they are to quarter size pieces in the juicer and make its juice.
7. kidney flush by apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is very helpful and beneficial as this is known to contain antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal properties that help to prevent oxidative stress of kidneys, maintain normal blood sugar levels and blood pressure.
How to Take –
• You can consume 3to 4 tbsp. of vinegar before meals.
• Apple cider vinegar – 2 tbsp
• Water – 1 glass
• Lemon juice – 2 Tsp
- Add all of them in a water glass and stir.
kidney cleanse drink recipe
1. Parsley Tea
• Parsley (crushed) – 1 tbsp
• Boil hot water – 1 cup
• Take hot water and add crushed parsley.
• Cover the cup and steep for 8-10 minutes.
• Strain and have 2 cups of this tea daily.
2. Ginger Tea – Ginger is known to wash harmful microbes of the body and improves digestion also.
How to Prepare:
• Boil water – 2 cups
• Ginger (grated) – 2 Tsp
• Lemon juice – ¼ tsp
• Grated Ginger – 2 tsp
• Put ginger in hot water and steep for 8 to 9 minutes.
• Add lemon juice and honey (optional) in it.
• Have 2 cups daily.
Kidney Detox: The Diet
Green Leafy Vegetables
You can take dark green leafy vegetables to detox kidneys but if you have some severe kidney problem, then consult a doctor before taking these, as some of these are known to contain oxalate.
But these are very nutritious due to which these prove very good for detoxification. Their magnesium and calcium levels, help to reduce body oxalate levels.
Count On Cruciferous Vegetables
Crucified vegetables known to boost kidneys to move toxins into the urine, it expels toxins from the body. These are vegetables such as cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli etc.
Magnesium Rich Foods
Magnesium rich foods are known to detoxify kidneys and enrich the body with nutrients. You can add beans, bananas, potatoes, nuts, seeds, spinach, almonds, yogurt, and oatmeal etc. in your diet to take magnesium.
Other Raw Foods That Help To Detox Kidneys
• Brown rice
• Brussels sprouts
• Caraway seeds
Things That Should Avoid During Kidney Detoxification
• Intake of sugar and salt
• Avoid calcium and oxalate-rich foods
• Fried stuff
• Processed foods of soy
If you found this article beneficial please comment below.
Do you want a full detox and weight loss system? check our review article on the red tea detox.