- Today we will share with you some symptoms that you can look for to let you know if you have a sluggish or fatty liver.
- Also you will learn how you can go about cleansing and detoxing your liver. This will be a short summary article, If you have any of the symptoms please read more about it or visit your doctor.
- Your liver is the biggest detox organ in your body, it has to filter and flush everything that enters your body, anything you breathe in, anything you eat even if you just put like a hand lotion on your skin, your liver has to filter out the toxins and flush everything that enters your body.
Why Liver Detox is important.
- Cleansing regularly is important especially when we live in a time like this; where our air is full of chemicals and we’re breathing in so many pesticides all over our food.
- The food additives and coloring makes the liver want to fight any toxic nutrients that enters the body.
- If you don’t do regular flushes and liver cleanses then you can
- develop a very fatty liver and that could lead to cirrhosis which is scarring of the liver.
- Your liver can actually regenerate itself, so if you were to take a piece of your liver off, it would regenerate but if you have cirrhosis, it cannot regenerate and then it can cause serious health problems and may even lead to a need to do a liver transplant. This is a very extreme case, but I want to clarify the importance of taking care of your liver.
- If your liver is not functioning properly then the toxins will pass through the liver, kidneys and lymphatic system and will strain those organs.
- So let’s go over some signs you need a liver detoxification.
Signs You Need A Liver Detox.
1. Sluggish liver with any type skin problems: acne, psoriasis or eczema.
2. High blood pressure which can lead to swelling, moodiness, depression or anxiety.
3. Poor appetite
4. Excessive sweating, chronic fatigue or having trouble losing weight.
5. Pain in the upper right area of your abdomen can be a sign that your liver might be in trouble.
How to do liver detox naturally.
1. Intermittent fasting: you can do a 24-hour fast, a three-day fast or a 7-day fast. The longer you go, the more efficient it is and the better it is for your liver. You will be drinking only water so that you can relax your liver you may also add a multivitamin supplement.
2. A Juice fast: where you’re drinking lots of like beetroot juice, carrot juice, cucumber and celery juice. Things that have a lot of potassium in them. Also things that your body does not have to break down so it’ll de-stress your liver and your gut, but also something that is organic so your liver doesn’t have that many toxins to take care of, instead you’re just gonna be cleansing and taking care of your liver and supporting it without making it work through breaking down food.
If you have candida, I don’t recommend a juice fast especially if it’s like sugary juices like beets and carrots because that could feed the candida.
3. Lemon water: “Lemon juice aids your liver in flushing out unwanted toxins which may be in the process of absorbing into your body.” Less harsh than a lemon detox diet, the lemon water detox plan is a simple way to give your liver a little extra ammunition.
So one of my favorite ways is in every morning after I wake up I take a glass of warm water and squeeze one whole lemon. It is sour, but make sure the lemon is organic, so you don’t have to worry about any toxins.
4. Liquid chlorophyll: next thing you can do is liquid chlorophyll that also helps flush the liver and it also helps to flush the colon. It helps to alkalize the body and maintain homeostasis.
So those two together the chlorophyll and lemon water are fantastic sugar-free flush methods.
5. The diet: If you have a big green salad with lemon and apple cider vinegar it would your liver flush the toxins.
You just need to eat as much organic food as possible.
Here is a list of food that can help with liver detox:
- Blueberries and cranberries.
- Prickly bear.
- Food with high fiber like Brussels sprouts, broccoli and mustard greens.
- Fatty Fish
- Organic apples.
6. Make sure you drink quality water and get natural liver remedies : I got least 3 liters a day. You can also do dandelion or milk thistle tea those are really good for flushing the liver .
If you want a full detox and weight loss program check our review on the red tea detox program.